The Call for Papers (CFP) for SESUG 2022 is now closed.
Academic Sections and Sub-Sections (Click on the arrow to expand a section)
Sub-SectionsBanking and Finance
Education and Institutional Research
Health/Health Insurance/ Life Science
Statistics and Statistical Analysis
Writing Sucessful Papers and Presentations
Creating Effective Surveys
- Quick Tip: 10 Minutes (in the sections)
- E-Poster*: 10 minutes (in the sections/paper optional/poster displayed on website)
- 20 minutes
- 50 minutes
- 90 minutes (Hands-on-Workshops)
- SAS Games: Varying length
- Panel: Varying length (in the sections/paper optional)
- Code Doctors (1 hour support)
- Discussion (varying length)
Academic Category and Section Details
This section presents application programs, processes, methods and functions that can aid in collection, manipulation and management of information within specific to an industry.
- Banking and Finance Papers will focus on customer management, risk scoring, credit management, financial crime identification and other banking and finance applications.
- Education and Institutional Research Education/Institutional Research will focus on and demonstrate techniques, best practices, and solutions for data needs in primary, secondary, and postsecondary education.
- Health/Health Insurance/Life Science Health/Health Insurance/Life Science papers will focus on providing quality outcomes and demonstrate techniques, best practices, and solutions in the health, healthcare and pharmaceutical fields.
- Government Government papers will focus apply analytics to the delivery of quality services while mitigating common budgetary and human resource constraints on government resources.
- Retail/Manufacturing Papers will focus on providing quality control, forecasting and demand planning, supply chain tracking, and other operational analytics in the retail and manufacturing industries.
- Agricultural Science Papers will focus on efforts to improve farm practices, enhance production on agricultural lands, respect environmental concerns, and other analytic and innovative solutions in the agricultural science industry.
- Other Industries Papers will present telecommunications, non-health insurance, sports management, utilities and other industry solutions with SAS.
This section focuses on sharing innovations created with SAS software.
- Serendipity Serendipity is finding desirable discoveries by accident. Section topics can cover a wide variety of topics with something for everyone. What can SAS do that surprised you?
- Creativity Papers will focus on creative solutions to today's problems with SAS or JMP. How did you use SAS in new or novel ways to meet a challenge?
- Student Showcase In short 5 minute presentations, students will share how they are using SAS in their studies and research. Students, how are you using SAS to answer questions or solve problems?
- SAS Games In lieu of a formal presentation, presenters lead an interactive game that uses or teaches SAS. Fun and audience participation are musts. How can you make learning or using SAS a blast?
This section provides instructional content for basic, intermediate and advanced SAS users.
- SAS Fundamentals Presentation topics focus on those essential for building the knowledge and capacity of both beginner SAS users and experienced SAS users new to a particular topic.
- Beyond the Basics These presentations will help programmers implement enhanced techniques to build on the basics of SAS Software.
- Step by Step These SAS presentations detail the steps taken to solve common problems, providing attendees the practical knowledge required to implement a solutions immediately.
Hands-on learning increases both motivation to learn and retention of new SAS material. These presentations provide that opportunity,
- Hands-on-Workshops (HOW) Workshops will interactively demonstrate SAS code and procedures in real time with a specific task or goal in mind. Attendees will bring their own devices and files will be provided in advance.
Statistics and Data Analysis papers address ways of transforming raw data into useful information that uncover important relationships and patterns in data to help gain insights for effective, data-driven decision making. Topics covering integration of SAS with other applications such as R, Python, or MATLAB are also welcome.
- Graphics/Visualizations/JMP These presentations will demonstrate unique and innovative ways to visualize data using SAS or JMP software and must include the visual output.
- Statistics and Statistical Analysis Presentations will highlight statistical methods, provide useful applications of statistical methodology, explain important statistical concepts, and illustrate the benefits of new techniques with the use of any SAS or JMP product. These presentations do not need to present new statistical methods, although such topics are always welcome.
- Data Reporting Presentations will focus on the collecting and formatting of information and translating it into an understandable and usable format.
This section will focus on the non-technical skills it takes to succeed at a job and as part of a project team.
- Career Development Presentations will provide tips, ideas and processes to maximize employee engagement and learning, aiding in advancing along a career path.
- Leadership / Team Building Presentations will focus on the skills, interactions, activities and exercises to organize, lead and influence a group of people into a cohesive and productive group.
- Writing Successful Papers and Presentations Presentations will focus on brainstorming, organizing, writing, and proofing papers and presentations for SESUG and other technical audiences.
- Creating Effective Surveys The survey process involves many steps from the information needed to the final report of results. Presentations will cover one or more of these steps involved in designing, validating and analyzing surveys.
- Project Planning Project planning defines all work in a project, the timeline for completion and the resources and people needed. Presentations will provide tips and tools towards this process.
This section includes presentations on the tools and technical assistance that support customer and business needs.
- Applications Development A wide variety of presentations will focus on topics including business applications, use of the SAS macro facility, maximizing performance, and data cleaning.
- Open Analytics Open source is not the future, it is analytics now. Presentations may include but are not limited to: SAS Viya, Saps, R, Python, OpenStreetMap, Lua, Groovy, Google Analytics, Google Maps, RESTful web services, Apache/Hadoop, HDFS, Spark, Jupiter as an IDE.
- Big Data Presentations will demonstrate the analysis, systematic information extraction and other solutions for data sets that are too large or complex to be dealt with by traditional data processes and methods.
- Data Management SAS provides a full suite of data management capabilities. Presentations will share best practices of data management techniques and include helpful insights and lessons learned along the way.
- Help Desk Personnel who have manned SAS help desks will share stories, insights and tips and tricks to get the most out of your software.
- Code Doctors/Tryout Stations Code Doctors allow SAS users the opportunity to bring their problematic SAS code and SAS processes for a one-on-one consultation with experts from the SAS user community. Tryout Stations allow SAS users hands-on tryouts of SAS offerings such as JMP, Visual Analytics, or Visual Forecasting.
These training sessions will provide bonus educational experiences for conference attendees and will be provided by talented, recognized, and experienced instructors prepared to share their knowledge in 4-hour sessions.