Volunteer at the SESUG Conference
SESUG is an all-volunteer organization which receives event
support from SAS® and conference sponsors. However, various roles such as
academic sessions, registration desk and special events are staffed
by volunteers like you.
Volunteering adds value to your conference experience. As a volunteer you can:
- Earn the appreciation of the conference chair, section chairs, presenters, and attendees.
- Meet new people.
- Feel good about being involved and helping the conference run smoothly.
- Spend a morning or afternoon in a room with presentations of interest to you.
- Become more familiar with SESUG by helping attendees with their registration or answering questions at the information desk.
- Become more at ease in front of groups by presenting short introductions of the speakers or assisting in the coordination of an event.
- Wear a volunteer ribbon on your name badge and get recognition for your contributions to the conference.
Session Coordinators help run the academic sections, helping with administrative tasks like timekeeping, attendance-tracking,
and introducing speakers. It is a great way to help out while attending sessions. Session coordinators usually work half day blocks of time.
Registration/Information Desk Coordinators help the registrars and conference attendees before and during the conference. This area is centrally located and you can help with setting up registration, or handing out conference materials and answering questions other attendees may have. Registration Coordinators normally work a 2 hour block of time.
When you register for the conference, you will have an opportunity to let us know how you are willing to help.